Looking for Georgia state tax information? In this article, you will find the latest resources on state tax, unemployment, income tax and more. Georgia Department of Revenue
Georgia Department of Labor
Georgia Withholding Requirements:
• Register as employer by filing Form DOL-1A (Employer Status Report):
• Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate: G4
Withholding Method = formula
• Supplemental Rate = Withhold At: 2% if annual gross < $8,000. 3% if annual gross > $8,000 and $10,000. 4% if annual gross > $10,000 and $12,000. 5% if annual gross > $12,000 and $15,000. 6% if annual gross > $15,000.
Georgia Local Taxes:
Georgia State Unemployment Insurance (SUI):
- Wage base is $9,500 for 2015
- Rates range from 0.04% to 8.1%
- New employers use 2.7% for 2015.
- Rates include an administrative assessment of 0.08%
Georgia State Disability Insurance (SDI):
Georgia State Labor Laws:
Minimum Wage - The Federal minimum wage rate applies
Termination Pay - no provision.
Georgia New Hire Reporting:
Employers must report hiring, rehiring, and return to work within 10 days on Form W-4 (Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate) to: Georgia New Hire Reporting Program
P.O. Box 90728
Atlanta, GA 30364-0728
Phone: (888)-541-0469 (404) 525-2985
Fax: (888)-541-0521 (404) 525-2983 New Hire Reporting Online
Remit Withholding for Child Support to:
Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 1800 Carrollton, GA 30112-180>
Georgia Child Support Commission
Georgia Reciprocal states:
For paycheck calculation visit the Georgia Paycheck Calculator of PaycheckCity.
Did you enjoy this article? Stay up-to-date with all the latest State Tax News with our free insights!