It’s summer time, and for most of us that means vacations, time by the pool, and barbeques. Start preparing for everything you want to do this summer with these 5 tips:
- Start saving early! This is key for staying financially comfortable while on your vacation. Some of our favorite ways to start saving for that perfect trip to paradise are setting up a new savings or checking account that you can directly deposit a percentage of your paycheck into, and to start a “Goal” using Mint.
- Determine how much of your paycheck you can contribute to saving for the trip. It’s easy to do this using the calculators on PaycheckCity to determine what your take-home pay will be, and then subtract your expenses from your budget. Determine how much of what is left you can contribute to your “travel fund”.
- Look at deal-saving sites for fun things to do. Many businesses have summer deals on sites like Groupon and Living Social. You will be surprised at the great attractions you can find, at a reasonable price using these sites!
- Travel during the off-season. Symmetry Software, the company behind PaycheckCity, is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. While that means for the majority of the year we enjoy heavy tourism, the summer months slow down. You would be amazed at the great hotel deals you can find, just by traveling in the less popular months!
- Consider utilizing the sharing economy. Companies like AirBnB and Uber are great for travelers looking to see a bit more of the local culture than those staying in a hotel.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to stay updated on personal finance news!
These free resources should not be taken as tax or legal advice. Content provided is intended as general information. Tax regulations and laws change and the impact of laws can vary. Consult a tax advisor, CPA or lawyer for guidance on your specific situation.