Well, we’re finally almost recovered from a fun-filled week in Las Vegas for the APA’s National Congress! We had a great time meeting Payroll Goddesses and Titans in person, as well as finally meeting our Congress giveaway winner in person! If you didn’t get the chance to make it to Congress this year, we’ve created this brief recap for you. Take a look below to learn more about what happened at the event:
- New Technology and How to Use it – In this panel, experts shared how they use technology to support strong business and workforce goals. Led by Dermot O’Brien, ADP’s Chief HR officer, this panel discussed the roles of mobile, social media, and the cloud in business today.
- Marie Osmond (Keynote) – Marie spoke about surmounting your obstacles and growing stronger from them.
- For a full recap of Day 1, click here.
- Payroll Man and Woman of the Year are congratulated throughout the conference, after they received their awards on Day 1. Timothy Walstrum, CPP and Gretchen Inouye, CPP took home the 2015 honors.
- Comedian and performer Jason Hewlett brought some laughs to the conference during an entertaining keynote. The goal of his presentation was to encourage individuals to find their signature move – just like Michael Jackson’s moonwalk!
- For a full recap of Day 2, click here.
- During the general session, NPW sponsors and award winners were recognized. We also got some great entertainment with the group formally known as ABBA (now rebranded APA).
- The Greater Milwaukee chapter celebrated being recognized as the Chapter of the Year!
- Global compliance risks were discussed, and prepare payroll managers that are about to enter the global business.
- For a full recap of Day 3, click here.
- Jason Dorsey explains how to work with Millennials, and the difference in generations.
- Panel discusses agile, global HR landscape of the future.
- For a full recap of Day 4, click here.
- Christine Stolpe, CPP of Region 3 wins the Payroll Games!
- Our very own Sam Kerch spoke on Payroll Research on the Internet.
- For more photos of the event, and a full recap of Day 5, click here.
Stay up-to-date on payroll and payroll-related news by signing up for our free insights!
These free resources should not be taken as tax or legal advice. Content provided is intended as general information. Tax regulations and laws change and the impact of laws can vary. Consult a tax advisor, CPA or lawyer for guidance on your specific situation.