From its inception, Symmetry Software has been dedicated to eco-friendly business in both product and practice. Our earliest developments, like the now obsolete Mac programs, along with all our current products, were created to be paper free. Considering that Symmetry was founded more than 25 years ago, this concept of paper-free documentation was way ahead of its time.
In the process of creating all this paper-free software for the payroll industry, Symmetry also realized the importance of implementing the newly emerging "environmentally friendly" practices that progressive businesses of the 1990s were beginning to adopt. To this day, Symmetry has only one file cabinet - for the whole company! Mighty impressive!
Take a look at some of the ways we implement our "green philosophy":
Our Product: All of our software, from the Paycheck Calculators to W-4 forms, are web-based, for use with internet or corporate intranet applications. That means, in addition to the easy-to-use convenience, there's no paper. No matter what size the company, the savings can really add up. And remember, saving paper also means saving money!
Our Practice: Here's how we keep it green at the office:
- A company-wide recycling program that includes cans, plastic, paper and glass.
- Paper documents are scanned, saved, and shredded. Nearly all communication is electronic. No hard copies unless necessary. No paper memos!
- Equipment is replaced with only Energy Star Products.
- When rooms aren't in use, lights are lowered with a dimmer switch or turned off.
- No paper or Styrofoam. Each employee uses a personal mug...with extras for guests.
- While away, computers are either turned off or switched to power saver mode.
- Office products are made of recycled materials whenever possible.
As you can see, not only are we cutting down on paper use and waste here at our office, we've expanded that principal to include everyone that uses our products. We are firm in our commitment not only to our valued customers, but to the environment as well.
Please contact us at http://www.symmetry.com if you'd like to learn more.